Master of Science, Data Science
Established a foundational knowledge of data science through practical individual & multi-disciplinary team projects involving a range of professional tasks to help us communicate clearly, work independently & collaborate effectively. Relevant areas of studies included:
- Data Mining & Machine Learning: Developed foundational knowledge of data preparation & analysis while working in team of 4.
- Used the given pseudo datasets and ran tests on Weka to analyse & understand data clustering, probabilistic data analysis methods & concepts such as overfitting. Obtained 73%.
MSc in Data Science
Duration: 1 year
Current Average 65% (2:1)
- Project Management: Worked in a team of 6 to create a project proposal for organising a conference event.
- E-Commerce Technology: Developed foundational knowledge on Business Process Modelling, Supply & Demand Management.
- Worked in a team of 4 peers for coursework that required choosing a business case study to implement e-commerce technologies such as customer engagement & implementing digital enterprise architectures such as payment services.
- Ideated a topic for a case study for given coursework. Managed & guided the team to successful completion of all tasks.
- Developed front-end login/signup webpages using HTML/CSS for team’s website used to display coursework.
- Obtained 76%.
Other: Digital & Knowledge Economy, Statistical Modelling & Analysis, Research Methods & Project Planning, Information Systems MethodologiesDissertation topic: Cloud ERP in UK-based Higher Education organisations
BSc (Hons) Computer Systems
In 2019, I finished my undergrad and graduated with a BSc (Hons) Computer Systems degree at Heriot-Watt University. In these four years, I found my keen interest in creative and design-oriented aspects of modern technology. The project summaries contained here provide a glimpse of some of the courses where I built the foundations of my learning journey to better understand the world of design.
The most exciting thing is that this journey has continued to date, and I hope to find more opportunities to keep honing my skills as I contribute to the world of design and technology.
Relevant areas of studies included:
- Advanced Interaction Design: worked in a team to conduct user research, designed and developed an interactive prototype targeting consumers with mobility issues
- Interaction Design: worked in a team as product designer to create cards for a prototype of a board game for children to learn basic of object-oriented programming
- Interactive Systems: created a mobile app for learning basic Chemistry using Google’s App Inventor
- Software Engineering: honed report writing skills in the individual project and worked as a UI/UX designer in yearlong team project for which I created product mock-ups, edited web content for branding and marketing and helped in the cost analysis of the product
- Web Design & Databases: acquired knowledge of creating dynamic websites using HTML5, CSS3, PHP and MySQL
- Other: Discrete Mathematics, Data Visualization & Analytics, Knowledge Management, Professional Development, Software Design, Sociotechnical & Soft Systems Methodology
Project 01: create a smart application for patients with rheumatic diseases A team project developed in the given coursework for my Bachelor’s 4th year…
Achievement: attained high praise and admiration for my work and contributions in all projects from my peers and lecturers